Advantages and disadvantages of maggi noodles

What are the advantages and disadvantages of maggi noodles?( demrits and merits, positive points, negative points)

The advantage of Maggi is you can prepare your food just in 2 minutes. Even though the food is tasty and full of flavor, I can say Maggi is not daily suggested food, especially for Kids.

Let’s dive into disadvantages:

Disadvantages:
If you look at ingredients printed on Maggi.

• Maggi is made from Maida ( Refined Wheat Flour) and Palm Oil. Excess consumption of maida increases sugar levels in your body.

• Maggi is double deep-fried.
    The procedure for making Maggi noodles entails deep-frying the components not once, but twice! The majority of us do not realize this, because the product does not have an oily appearance.

Why Maggi contains Palm Oil?
The fat and oil in Maggi gives them the waxy appearance and prevents them from sticking together when the noodles are hot.

Salt ( High Levels of Sodium ):
Maggi Contains a high amount of sodium salt which is not good for health. The amount of Sodium in the pack is close to 36 % of the daily requirement.

Excess eating of sodium causes puffiness of the face and body. dehydration and Increases BP.

Almost Empty Calories

Maggi’s nutritional summary:
Calories:427 Kcal
Fat:16g
Carbs:64g
Protein:8g
There are 360 calories in a 1 block serving of Maggi Masala Noodles.
Calorie breakdown: 16% fat, 63% carbs, 8% protein.

Trans fat
Maggi contains 0.24g trans fat per 100g. They boost bad cholesterol (LDL) and reduce good cholesterol (HDL).
Most of the processed food contains this trans-fat because it reduces production cost.
Excess eating of trans-fat increase chances of heart attack, heart disease, diabetes, nutritional deficiencies, and cellular deterioration.

Mineral Calcium Carbonate
In the food industry, E170 Food grade calcium carbonate is mostly used as food additives, such as an alkaline agent in food processing, nutritional supplements, dough regulator, curing agent, yeast nutrients, anti-caking agent, bulking agent, additives and modifiers of gum confection.

Not sure about for what purpose Maggi noodles having this component.

Thickeners (IN 412):
A natural polysaccharide, produced from the guar shrub (Cyamopsis tetragonolobus) found in Pakistan and India.

Side effects:
None known in the concentrations used, although high concentrations bring about flatulence and bloating, due to fermentation by the intestinal microflora (in the same way as all indigestible polysaccharides).

Potassium chloride: IN 508
Salt replacer and Natural salt, part of sea salt and rock salt

Side Effects: One out of 200 people may develop upper gastrointestinal tract bleeding from potassium chloride consumption.

Acidity Regulators ( 501(i) and 500(i)):

E500 (i) - Sodium carbonate: Sodium carbonate is naturally occurring in alkaline waters, however, it is also synthesized by the Solvay process or by electrolysis of sea water. Sodium carbonate is used as an acidity regulator, particularly in beer making.
Side effects:
Excessive ingestion may result in stomach upset. No known adverse effects in small quantities. May irritate the eyes and respiratory tract.

E501(i) - potassium carbonate used as acidity regulators

Humectant (451(i):

Humectants also add bulk, retain moisture, reduce water activity, and improve softness. The main advantage of humectant food additives is that, since they are non-ionic, they are not expected to influence any taste or ph value.

Side effects: it is known to cause nausea, diarrhea, lowering of blood pressure, cyanosis and muscle spasms when consumed in large quantities.

Flavor enhancer (635):
According to Wikipedia:

It is a mixture of disodium inosinate (IMP) and disodium guanylate (GMP) and is often used where a food already contains natural glutamates (as in meat extract) or added monosodium glutamate (MSG). It is primarily used in flavored noodles, snack foods, chips, crackers, sauces, and fast foods.

MSG is Neuro Toxin not recommened for children below 6 years.

Maggi claims they dont add any MSG in india
https://www.maggi.in/node/13

Positive and negative effects of maggi